Check in regularly for the latest news, stories, previews and sneak peeks of new products from The Body Shop.
How to Apply Shimmer Cubes.
Make-up artist: Lan Nguyen (Head Make-up Artist at Vauxhall Fashion Scout)
Model: Mari @ Premier
Well we can’t quite believe it ourselves but the penultimate day of Vauxhall Fashion Scout SS/13 is already upon us! But before the shows come to a close tomorrow we did manage to catch up back stage with Head Make-up Artist Lan Nguyen-Grealis who gave us an exclusive on this season’s must-have beauty trends and products, as well as sharing hints and tips to help make sure we stay bang on trend this Spring/Summer.
How do you decide on a make-up look for each show? For each show the make-up is unique to the designer. The overall feel of the collection and the colours behind it will help me dictate what the best makeup look should be - it is all about the character of the model and what she is representing. I do lots of research prior to the show and the team comes together to decide and test the look, sometimes it can take days of preparation to decide!
Where do you find your inspiration? I find my inspiration through the designer, hairstylists, books, paintings, references from other shows and of course mainly through what products are available out there at the moment - the colours you have can sometimes dictate what you can achieve. I’m always looking for innovative products to experiment with. Together all these elements inspire me.
What are the top five make up trends you are forecasting for spring summer 2013?
What is the essential must-try make up trick for spring summer 2013? The must try essential this season is to apply strong kohl pencil followed by eyeshadow directly on top of the line and smudged out for natural smokey eyes.
What is the feature which is going to be most in focus for spring summer make up? The focus is going to be more on eyes. Whether the shape is round or angular, it’s about perfection in application of the product on the face
Top 5 ‘Make-up Saviours’
Why not try this over the weekend? Chase Aston our International Makeup Artist gives us all some great tips and ideas for applying Lily Cole’s Cruelty Free Makeup Collection :)
Discover how to get the Chocolate Box Shimmer Cube look with our protips.
1. Apply Marshmallow over the eyelid, up to the arch of the eyebrow and into the inner corner of the eye.
2. Sweep Honeycomb along the inner third of the eyelid and up to the nose.
3. Smudge Dark Chocolate above the socket line. Blend well.
4. Apply Choc Chip over the outer third of the eyelid and under the lower lashes, blending well.
5. Trace Carbon Eye Definer in Brown along the upper and lower lash line. Coat lashes with a The Body Shop® brown mascara.
Follow these steps to get Lily’s Re-think Pink look from the Cruelty Free Make-Up Collection.
1. FACE Illuminate forehead, temples, the front of the nose and the centre of the chin with Pearl Radiance Primer. 2. EYES Highlight, accent and give eyes a pop of colour with Shimmer Cubes in palette 24. For added drama apply Liquid Eyeliner in Ink Up Violet along the upper lash line. Give lashes two generous coats of Big & Curvy Mascara in Black. 3. CHEEKS Apply Lip & Cheek Dome in Pinch Me Pink to the apples of the cheeks. Blend onto cheeks and up to temple. Pat Puff-On Radiance to cheekbones for a subtle highlight. 4. LIPS Apply Lip and Cheek Dome in Pinch Me Pink followed by Hi-Shine Lip Treatment in Go Pink for a sheer wash of colour.
Want to find out more about Lily’s Limited Edition Make-Up Range? Check out this fab video post by Zoella and Louise. x